J. Anand, Team Principal at JA Motorsport
- JA Motorsport was founded in 1991 by J. Anand, a former racing driver from Coimbatore, India.
- J. Anand started racing from the year 1987 in a FIAT 1100 Group 2 Category at the Sholavaram race track. Since he was very passionate on Engineering and tuning the cars, he chose to race in Group 2 Category which was the highest modified saloon car category in India.
- In 1988, he was the first to be successful in India in Maruti 800 in A1A Category and dominated the field.
- As a part of the MRF Team from 1990-96 he raced the Formula 3 car amongst experienced Indian and International drivers and outpaced them consistently, winning the championship four-time at the Irrugattukottai track, India.
- After winning lots of races and championships, he quit racing in 1996 and focused on his family engineering business, Jayem Automotives in Coimbatore where his grandfather, Mr D. Balasundaram was the first in India to make electric motors & textile machinery, and his father, Mr B. Jayachandran was the first in India to make indigenous automobile diesel engines for passengers cars.
- In the year 2012, he collaborated with Dallara Automobili, Italy as a technical partner to design and develop the MRF F2000 race cars, the finest single seater series in Asia.
- He built track day cars like Tata Indica Silhouette, Super Nano and Inde.
- His recent big achievement this year is the 50-50 Joint Venture between Jayem Automotives and Tata Motors to manufacture special performance vehicles with him being a main instrument in the formation of JV.